Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dive into the Pool

Dating? I hate it. I know everyone says they hate it but I genuinely despise it. I thought I would update you. I have been in the Twin Cities for almost a year. On a whim, I decided to try to date again. I am not actively seeking anyone etc but I decided I would open myself up again to the dating world by doing the following:

1. Step 1 - Join dating websites. At least, through these, I can check out profiles and communicate a bit via email and messenger. In this way, I can decide if it is worth it to meet someone or not. Hopefully the initial email/messenger communication will make us decide if an in person meeting is even worth it for us.
2. Step 2 - Be open and willing to check out the offerings from these sites. This is not easy for me. I am set in my ways and happy with how my life is but I am trying to dive back in and see if there is actually someone out there who I can share my life with eventually.
3. Step 3 - Go on Dates!

This three step process seems so simple. IT ISN'T. Not for me. I am set in my ways. I am very independent. When I was in my twenties, I could date more frequently. Now, I have no patience. I am very career focused on directing/acting/teaching theatre. I want someone who is willing to support me in my life but is also able to be independent as well.
I am also not willing to just date someone for the sake of dating. It is not worth it. There has to be a match or it is not worth wasting my time or theirs on continuing down the dating path with them.

So here I am, in the Twin Cities, in my late 30s, and on to new horizons in a new city post graduate school. I am getting involved in theatre as director, actor, teacher so now it is time to dive in to the pool and date again. Here I go! *SPLASH*

No comments: